So much Mraz news, so far behind. Some highlights:
- The Grati-tube Cafe videos are awesome. I’ve watched them all a bunch of times and they still make me chuckle. I also learned something from them. For example, in “Inspiration”, I learned that Jason has a tattoo I was previously unaware of.
- Jason won two Teen Choice Awards this week: Choice Music Album Male Artist for “We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things.” and Choice Music Male Artist.
- Jason will be performing at Farm Aid at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Maryland Heights, Missouri on October 4, 2009. Yee haw! Nice to see that he’s always available for these good causes. Tickets are on sale now if you’re intersted.
- Matti, our Finnish friend, was kind enough to email me a review of Jason’s “secret” show in Paris. I say “secret” because it was announced and people showed up, so it was more of a “low-key, spontaneous” show. Visit Matti’s blog, GlimmerofWhimsy for the review and some pictures and video.
- James Morrison, my current favorite singer who is not Jason Mraz, is being featured in Overstock.com commericals. Jason’s music was used in their commercials last year, and now I’m thinking that maybe I should shop there (but I probably won’t because I’m a creature of habit and Amazon is just easier).
- There’s a new contest, sponsored by Buckle and Hurley to win a weekend trip to see Mraz perform at the Hollywood Bowl on October 10th. You have until August 31st to enter at buckle.com. Buckle is also selling three shirts designed by Jason, although I only see this one listed on their site.
Crazy is the forecast all week,