In case you missed some of them, here are Jason’s highlights from 2008.
- Jason contributes to a San Diego 2007 Fire Relief album.
- Jason writes a Superbowl Song for the Rest of Us.
- We find out that not only is a new album on the way, three mini albums (“a trio of exclusive EP releases”) are going to lead up to it. It’s Easter, Christmas and Talk Like a Pirate Day all at once. What, you don’t give Pirate Day gifts?
- Jason went to Africa and told us all about it.
- The Music, Magic, Makepeace tour kicks off and becomes my favorite of all Jason’s tours. Bushwalla + Jason Mraz = insane entertainment, with or without the duct tape.
- We are treated to extra interviews, behind-the-scenes footage and dancing in the docu-comedy on We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things.
- Jason shares his chocomole recipe with the world.
- Jason recommends a restaurant. The Cafe Gratitude probably appreciates it.
- “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” comes out. Jason Mraz is not in it, but NPH is, and it’s the best thing I saw on a screen all year. Except maybe “Skins”, but that’s like comparing joyful apples and evil watermelons. It’s on DVD now, and makes an excellent “sorry I forgot to get you a Christmas gift” gift.
- Jason replaces Jack Black in Tenacious D.
- I discover the joy that is James Morrison.
- YouTube allows us to see Jason’s first video for “Make It Mine”, which reminds me of the Beatles. You can judge for yourself.
- Real Magic TV gives Jason his own channel.
- Jason records a song for the benefit album Amazon Tribe – Songs for Survival, and posts a video on YouTube for us.
- I start my Fall Mraz tour by visiting the original Mrazturbators in Boston.
- a thousand things, Jason’s book of Polaroids, goes on sale.
- My Mraz tour continues, and while it’s hard to pick a favorite show, I think Seattle comes close. It was a good crowd, I had my best seats of the tour, and Jason had a really warm, happy post-election groove.
- Jason is nominated for not one, but three Grammys! Incredible. People everywhere still say, “Jason who? Oh, that “I’m Yours” guy. Right. I think I like him.”
- Jason ends the year with the greatest holiday video ever. Happy couple of days.
Here’s hoping for more Mrazaliciousness in 2009. Whatever that is.