I love Australia and New Zealand and I’m pretty sure Jason Mraz does too. So let’s celebrate this important day in ANZAC history with some of my favorite Mraz Down Under moments.
- Mraz sings “Land Down Under” from YouTube (not great quality)
- Download a better version of “Land Down Under” courtesy of an awesome Jason Mraz fan. (No, not me.)
- Mraz makes up a song in Sydney, “That’s Just Not Cricket“
- Mraz performs “Wordplay” on Australian morning show, “Sunrise”. I love the way the presenter says “Mistah Ay Zee” and “day-boo”.
- Mraz does an interview in Melbourne: Part One, Part Two, Part Three
- Mraz performs “Dynamo of Volition” in Byron Bay for Australian Video Hits
And if you aren’t sure what this ANZAC thing is all about, here you go:
What is ANZAC Day? (Taken from the Australian War Memorial site)
ANZAC Day – 25 April – is probably Australia’s most important national occasion. It marks the anniversary of the first major military action fought by Australian and New Zealand forces during the First World War. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. The soldiers in those forces quickly became known as ANZACs, and the pride they soon took in that name endures to this day.
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich,